What Are the Causes of Indigestion?
There can be many causes of indigestion. Besides IBS, indigestion can be caused by anxiety from eating certain foods, gallstones, and ulcers.
While heartburn may present symptoms similar to indigestion, heartburn and indigestion are not the same. They both can exist at the same time.
What Helps With Indigestion?
There are several steps you can take to help with indigestion that is similar to treating IBS:
- Eating smaller meals instead of three big meals
- Chewing food slowly to help aid digestion
- Avoiding foods and drinks that trigger indigestion, such as alcohol, caffeine, spicy foods, and processed foods
- Maintaining a healthier lifestyle
- Daily exercise
- Managing anxiety and stress
- Cutting back on medications such as over the counter pain medications – these can irritate the lining of your stomach
Sometimes indigestion needs to be treated further than just making daily lifestyle changes. At Cochise Oncology, we have several digestive diagnostic tests we can perform to find the right treatment for you.